Sitecore xConnect Overview & dataflow
Let us have a glimpse of how the data flows in to xConnect.As we know when the contact browse your brand on web the contacts activity will be gathered and place in device cookie.Here the trusted client is sitecore,but it can anything like IOT,Asp.net application etc.
The Responsiblity of Tracker is to collect Contacts activity on your website and to flushing that data into xConnect at end of Session.The Tracker and xConnect are Seperate components.The tracker records a contact’s activities in session, converts that data on session end, and submits it to xConnect using the xConnect Client API. The following steps describe this process in detail:
- Page views and events are collected by the tracker and stored in session
- On session end, tracker data is passed through the conversion pipeline. The conversion pipeline is made up of multiple processors and is responsible for converting tracker data into xConnect data in the following way:
- Conversion pipeline processors inspect the args.TrackerVisitData object
- Data from args.TrackerVisitData is converted into facets, properties, or events and added to args.XConnectInteraction or args.XConnectContact. Custom values are not converted by default – you must create a processor to do this work.
- The original args.TrackerVisitData disappears – if data is collected by the tracker but not converted at any point, it is lost forever.
- At the end of the pipeline, all relevant tracker data has been converted into a format that can be sent to xConnect.
- The contact and interaction are submitted to xConnect – they are saved in the xDB Collection database, indexed, and processed like any other contact and interaction.