Install Sitecore Experience Platform
Follow the Sitecore XP Installation Guide for installing dependent software, and for installing Sitecore XP from the Sitecore 8.2 rev. xxxxxx.exe file.
- Install clean sitecore instance and name it as storefront.Instance name can be choosed as per your needs.
- After you have installed Sitecore XP, change the Sitecore web site’s application pool identity to .\CSFndRuntimeUser.
- Navigate to IIS and Navigate to the application pool of your xp instance(storefront)
- By default application pool identity will be in network service,Change it to .\CSFndRuntimeUser.
- Click the application pool of your xp instance(storefrontAppPool) and click on “Advanced Settings” in Actions Pane
- click on the Identity and change the Identity.Prefix the application pool identity with “.\”
- Click on Custom account
- Set the identity to CSFndRuntimeUser.Prefix the application pool identity with “.\” and click ok.
- Launch your sitecore instance
Additional Sitecore XP configuration
After you have installed the Sitecore Experience Platform, there are some additional configuration steps required to set up the Sitecore site with bindings and HTTPS.
- If you want to use a different domain for the Reference Storefront other than the default (
http://cf.reference.storefront.com), you must update the hostName attribute of the
storefrontsite node in the
Website\App_Config\Include\Reference.Storefront\Reference.Storefront.configfile. This file will be deployed in a later step.
- Add an entry for
127.0.0.1 cf.reference.storefront.comto the the hosts file (located at
C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\). This allows you to access the Sitecore site at
- Set up a Self-Signed certificate that you can associate with the site to support HTTPS. (The Reference https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff710475(v=ws.10).aspx . Use the domain name for the name of the certificate.In my case i created Self Signed certificate with the name “storefront”.
- Add HTTPS binding for your commerce instance with your created domain.In my case i created self signed cerficate with name “storefront”.So i added https binding as storefront and choosed storefront in SSL certificate
- Add bindings for
cf.reference.storefront.comto the Sitecore site in IIS Manager. Add one HTTP binding using port 80, and one HTTPS binding on port 443 with the Self-Signed certificate. Set the
hostname for both bindings to
For Successful commerce installation Continue Reading