We all are interested in knowing how to make the disaster or backup production environment which can help to reduce the downtime in real world.
- We need to setup the servers in different regions.
- mirror the database to each region from live environment
- load balancer should be configured to route the request to other environment if the server reachable or alive test page doesn’t respond or its 404 bad response.
- Intimate the network and IT team about failures.
- Once the original environment is up, request can be sent to the original servers and the mirroring regions can be kept alive and as cold stand by.